- 6 Week Classes – This is where to begin! All 6 week courses (1 through 4) are meant to be completed before going on to the semester classes. These are an easy and fun way to learn ASL with games and hands on activities. They focus on frequently used topics and vocabulary.
- 1 – Alphabet, Numbers, Colors, Body, Etc.
- 2 – House, Family, Pets, Etc.
- 3 – Emotions, Clothing, Daily Routine, Days/Weeks/Months, Etc.
- 4 – Outdoors, School Subjects, Sports, Etc.
- Semester Classes – These are meant to follow the 6 week courses; all 6 week courses (1 through 4) are meant to be completed before going on to the semester classes. Just like the 6 week classes, they are fun and easy with lots of games and hands on activities. In these we follow A Basic Course in American Sign Language by Carol Padden, Terrence J. O’Rourke, and Tom Humphries.
- 1 – Chapters 1-11 of A Basic Course in American Sign Language
- 2 – Chapters 12-22 of A Basic Course in American Sign Language
- 3 – Nothing new, just practice. Games, projects, videos – practice and hone your skills.
*Each class is meant to be taken in order from 6-Week Part 1 to 6-Week Part 2 to 6-Week Part 3 to 6-Week Part 4 then down to Semester 1 then Semester 2 and finally Semester 3. Skipping over parts is not suggested but is able to be discussed on a case-by-case basis – please contact me with any questions.
*Please see the “Upcoming Classes” page to see times and to register.